Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday Musings



1. The best thing about kid's yoga is that it helps children create a space inside themselves where they can go to by with themselves.
2. Children's learn better through rich details often not given in adult classes.
3. Sometimes I think my mouth is a better flamenco dancer than I am because of my infinite ability to describe movement and sensation, but last night in my dream, my body did everything my mouth can do and more.
4. A good way to teach children to stay in their spots while dancing (and to not move closer to/farther from the mirror) is to tell them, "Watch yourself and make sure you are not getting larger/or smaller".
5. Besitos are a little flamenco sugar!
6. There are so many deep seated connections between the flamenco body and the yoga body.

No comments:

Post a Comment