Saturday, January 30, 2010

Morning Meditation


After some quiet meditation this morning, I started to think of one of the children's meditations I had learned from my Radiant Child training (taught/created by Shakta Khalsa). I like to use the things she taught me in conjunction with my own "Yoga-Snack" but I feel that in the schools the chanting element can sometimes be a disconnect in the program. The school I work at now, is quite eclectic and accepts the introduction of the yoga elements of chanting and using the ancient language of Sanskrit, but other schools might not be as progressive.

I started musing on the "I Am Happy, I Am Good" meditation and I came up with this school friendly alternative:

Sitting in Easy Pose, holding your hands so that the pointer finger is free to waggle and the other fingers are curled to meet the thumb.

Waggle your pointer finger while saying:
"I am happy, I am good; I am happy, I am good"

Then release you fingers:
Bring your hands to your belly and say "A, E, I, O"
Bring your hands to your heart and say "A, E, I, O"
Bring your hands to your forehead and say "A, E, I, O"
Throw your hands up to the sky and say "U"

Then repeat the pattern backwards:
Bring your hands to your forehead and say "Ha ha ha ha"
Bring your hands to your heart and say "He he he he"
Bring your hands to your belly and say "Ho ho ho ho"
Open your arms and let your palms be up and say "Hu" (Pronounced Hoo)

The sequence would be to say this 4 times out loud, 4 times in whisper, 4 times in your head, 4 times in whisper and then 4 times out loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment