Friday, November 1, 2013

Day One of PiBoIdMo 2013 & Sevillanas Presentation and Holiday Party


Day One of PiBoIdMo (Picture Book Idea Month) 2013 runs concurrently with NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). I am working on bending my loves of teaching children, flamenco, yoga and writing kids to young adults books. Mostly they are non fictional but this month I will be working my kid lit angle and trying my hand at picture book writing. I have a voice recorder with about 10 ideas already...still 20 more to go!
My first idea runs along the idea of a non fictional trip to Spain and the ensuing flamenco fun that arises. The family (in the stage version, my lucky husband and son will be participants) travels to Spain, learns about the history of flamenco and then joins in the fun during Feria week in Seville. That's all I am telling you right now. If you want to see the first run of this travel adventure/story book as it comes alive, please join me, Eve Costarelli and my wonderful youth flamenco dancers (and some fun loving adults):

Sevillanas Presentation and Holiday Party
  • Sunday, December 1st
  • 3:00-4:30PM
  • $10 adult/ $5 children 
Come and enjoy a Spanish Fiesta and the Sevillanas by the Always Be Dancing Youth Flamenco dancers. Eve Costarelli's students will each perform Sevillanas in this fun travel story that takes a family to Moorish Granada and then to Sevilla, the heart of flamenco Spain. They arrive in Seville in time for the Seville Fair. On the way they visit the the grand old city of Granada, a gypsy family in the caves of Sacramonte and then arrive in Seville and enjoy the festivities surrounding Feria week . The fun adventure culminates with an all out Sevillanas fest, where members of the audience are welcomed to join the performers in an all age presentation of the Sevillanas. Great fun for the whole family!



Open Spirit, on the grounds of Edwards Church, 39 Edwards Street, Framingham, MA. For more information, contact Eve Costarelli, 617-216-1643 or AdamAnt_Eve@hotmail.com; www.AlwaysBeDancing.com

¡Ole! ¡Namaste!
Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment