Saturday, October 30, 2010

Saturday Morning Private lessons...and Radio City Christmas Spectacular


Saturday mornings have turned into a time when I teach private lessons. I love this time so much. I am at home, in my own space, working one-on-one with students who are seeking to discover more about dance in their own bodies. We deal with technique, choreography and self-expression. I especially enjoy the connect I get to have with these students. It is awakening to my soul and allows me to tap into my source and share.

I will add a special shout out to Nick Bazo, Manager of School Programs, Citi Performing Arts Center
who has taken me into the fold and will be including me in a 6 week residency in the Boston Public Schools in conjunction with Target. 

THE TARGET ARTS IN-SCHOOL THEATRE RESIDENCY PROGRAM 2010-2011: RADIO  CITY CHRISTMAS SPECTACULAR.
"The Target Arts program, now in its second year, is a unique city-wide collaboration among Boston’s fine arts, cultural, and municipal organizations. The program aims to improve school success, engage families, and strengthen community by giving access to Boston’s rich offerings of music, dance, visual arts, theater and cultural events to students and families who typically have no opportunity to engage in the professional performing arts. Arts and cultural enrichment celebrations will develop diverse audiences by bringing information to the community through school-based development, community outreach, and citywide collaboration. The BPS Arts Office in partnership with Citi Performing Arts Center coordinates Target Arts programming.This programming includes in-school residencies and special guest artist visits and an invitation to view professional performances at Citi Performing Arts Center and other Boston Theatre District venues."

These city schools are nearly devoid of art classes, so I want to give three cheers for Target and thank them for their generosity. Thank you also to Ms. Adrienne Hawkins for the great reference!

Ole Namaste!

1 comment:

  1. Each time I go to NYC for the holidays, I make a top to see this show. A incredible New York City fix; a incredible Christmas tradition. Radio City Christmas Spectacular Tickets are selling like crazy ,but there is still plenty of time to buy them to the show.

    ReplyDelete